I'm Fighting Fat is about my journey weight loss! Come join me!

I'm fat. And I've been fat for far too long. It's time to start making changes, and this blog is to document those changes, along with a few tears, and even some laughs along the way.

This blog isn't about is going on a fad diet - in fact no 'diet' foods or pills are going to be used during this entire process! Any use of the word 'diet' in this blog will simply refer to foods being eaten, not any special plan or 'can or can't have' food lists.

I'll be eating a variety of foods, as unprocessed as possible. The plan is not to cut out or severely cut down, but to help my body (and mind) realize when I truly am hungry, and not depend on the clock to tell me when mealtimes are. Moderation will be the rule in both eating and exercising.

Join me on my journey, my trials, my failures and successes to discover a thinner me and possibly inspire you to lose weight too, without all the diet hype!

Tuesday, February 23, 2016

One Year, Six Weeks: Healthy Eating on the Go!

This was a week of mixed blessings.

I did a lot of hours this week, and often didn't have time to make dinner. My husband was a great help, and cooked a few meals during the week. The good thing was we had a lot to eat- the bad thing was there was a lot of pasta and not too many veggies.

Breakfast and lunches consisted of the same foods for the most part. This week it was chicken salad with a side of sliced green peppers and apples slices or a banana for a snack...except for that one day where I bought a hoagie. A turkey hoagie with ranch dressing and bacon on a whole wheat roll. That sucker was consumed for both lunch and dinner- and worth every calorie.

I also finished off the gourmet candies my sweet husband gave me for Valentines Day. Not all at once, mind you- just a nibble here and there during the entire week.

The funny thing is the scale still showed that I lost another pound!

Now that the candy and hoagie are finished off, I can try to behave myself this week. 

Lessons learned:

It's okay to indulge once in a while, as long as 'once in a while' doesn't mean ' every day'.

Rest is just as important as eating healthy. I tend to indulge more when I'm tired.

Anytime you can snatch a chance to exercise, do it!


This past weekend I took an impromptu walk with a friend. It felt great! I had to sit once or twice, (which showed me I'm in desperate need of regular exercise), but it was a great walk with a good friend. I really need to start a walking club!

On the whole not a bad week, though I admit to indulging too much. Now there's nothing in the house to tempt me, so this week should be even better!

No comments:

Post a Comment