I'm Fighting Fat is about my journey weight loss! Come join me!

I'm fat. And I've been fat for far too long. It's time to start making changes, and this blog is to document those changes, along with a few tears, and even some laughs along the way.

This blog isn't about is going on a fad diet - in fact no 'diet' foods or pills are going to be used during this entire process! Any use of the word 'diet' in this blog will simply refer to foods being eaten, not any special plan or 'can or can't have' food lists.

I'll be eating a variety of foods, as unprocessed as possible. The plan is not to cut out or severely cut down, but to help my body (and mind) realize when I truly am hungry, and not depend on the clock to tell me when mealtimes are. Moderation will be the rule in both eating and exercising.

Join me on my journey, my trials, my failures and successes to discover a thinner me and possibly inspire you to lose weight too, without all the diet hype!

Monday, February 8, 2016

One Year, Four Weeks: First I Trip, Then I Fall..Not-so-New Eating Lifestyle

You'd think after a year, I'd get the hang of this eating thing.

Of course I wasn't working outside of my home this time last year, so maybe I need to rethink my rethinking. 

Got on the scale. The scale was having a bad day. It read 313.

I got off. I got on again. I rubbed the sand from my bleary eyes. But it was the same number. 313.

To be honest, I have no idea what I did to gain that much weight! Well...maybe an inkling....

Breakfast sandwiches, whether they be homemade or from the local convenience store just have too many calories- and I think the bread makes me hungrier. And tireder. Yes, I know that's not a real word- but it counts!

I'm in the proverbial rock and hard place. I need to reduce the stress, which in my case means quit at least one job. But if I stop one job, then I don't have the funds to pay off debt. I don't pay off debt, it gets bigger. The next thing you know I'll be living in a box somewhere behind the supermarket with my husband, kids and three cats.

Egad.

No time to relax, no time to quit. But there is a solution. Work a little harder during the small breaks I do have to start an at-home biz. Once I get the ball rolling there, one job can be cut- the one that uses up the most hours. Fortunately it's also the one that I don't have to work if I don't want to (and yes, right now I have to).

Oh goody...more stress. But stress with a goal.

Okay, enough about time. Let's talk food.

Most of the foods I had this past week involved bread, pasta or rice. Rice isn't so bad in small quantities (like in my clear broth soups), but the former two are causing issues. This weekend, we made four different casserole dishes of mac and cheese with ham, each one a different recipe. 
Mac and cheese with ham is good hot or cold, but I'm avoiding it like the plague because of the big weight gain- I just don't want to risk being hungrier and craving more!
I also stopped the breakfast sandwiches and had two boiled eggs, some rotisserie chicken, and some lettuce this morning. Okay, I packed all of this for my breakfast, and only ate the eggs so far. The chicken and lettuce will be a snack later this afternoon. I came home and had Green Soup for lunch. This is a very low-cal soup, containing julienne pork or chicken (right now it's pork), carrots, rice, and spinach in a chicken broth. Goood eatin'!

I'm still writing the recipe book and when it's done, this recipe will be in it.

I'm also taking an apple with me, all sliced and ready to eat neatly in the van between jobs. The goal is to limit the bread and pasta and see what happens. All I know is i don't want to gain any more weight.

Sometimes it's the hard falls that rattle you enough to make changes. This is one of those times.

Lessons Learned:

Whether you trip or fall, keep getting up- before you can't get up. 

Sometimes you just have to pull up your sleeves and work a little harder before you can relax a little.

Sometimes you also have to make yourself a meal if the current choices are not the best for you.

Just because there's plenty of it, doesn't mean you eat plenty of it!


I'm starting to feel the weight in my clothing, my knees, and in my walk. It's not pleasant, trust me. I've just been too busy to notice-or care. But I have to care if I want to make any kind of progress. No more skating by, hoping I'll get away with it. I'll own the losses or the gains. I'll fix what I can, change what I can, and cry when I can't handle things. Then I'll pray, get up, and start all over again!



No comments:

Post a Comment