I'm Fighting Fat is about my journey weight loss! Come join me!

I'm fat. And I've been fat for far too long. It's time to start making changes, and this blog is to document those changes, along with a few tears, and even some laughs along the way.

This blog isn't about is going on a fad diet - in fact no 'diet' foods or pills are going to be used during this entire process! Any use of the word 'diet' in this blog will simply refer to foods being eaten, not any special plan or 'can or can't have' food lists.

I'll be eating a variety of foods, as unprocessed as possible. The plan is not to cut out or severely cut down, but to help my body (and mind) realize when I truly am hungry, and not depend on the clock to tell me when mealtimes are. Moderation will be the rule in both eating and exercising.

Join me on my journey, my trials, my failures and successes to discover a thinner me and possibly inspire you to lose weight too, without all the diet hype!

Monday, March 23, 2015

Week Ten: The Dear-God-This-Tastes-Good New Eating Lifestyle

There are some things you forget you love until it's put in front of you.

Like homemade cheesesteaks.

And homemade pizza.

And homemade french fries, or homemade potato chips.

Basically, anything homemade tastes great. The best thing about homemade is it's usually better for you too- as long as you don't completely pig out!

This was a very tasty week.

I managed to stay within my calories, despite th fact that I had homemade versions of our take-out favorites. I also took it easy on the snacks so I could have these wonders, and when I did snack, it was veggies or fruit. Good stuff.

I worked almost regularly on the exercise bike, and even did a little walking when the weather permitted. Guess what? Those hard-to-do walks weren't so bad! In fact, I was barely winded when I got to my destination. Yay me!

Spring is almost here (I don't care what the calendar says- it snowed here on the first day of "Spring"- liar, liar Mother Nature) and I hate walking or biking for no reason, so I'm going to explore my neighborhood instead. I'll take a camera and get a few shot of nature waking up, check out a few of the stores on the main street, and talk to people.
Maybe I'll try riding out of my neighborhood and explore other places, when I get in better shape.

It's fun anticipating new things, and knowing I can do more than I used to is a big motivator. Yes, It's been hard not to eat more than I ought to, or refrain from eating something because the calories aren't worth it, but keeping on track and getting back on that horse when I stumble off is getting easier and easier as I move forward.

Lessons Learned:

Log everything the moment you eat it- or you'll forget. Those can be calorie breakers!

A bite of this or that is fine. Anything bigger than a bite should be logged- especially if you ate "your half".

Sharing helps to lighten the caloric load and yet still let you enjoy it. Eat slower than the person you're sharing with, and savor the food.

Exercising regularly works. I'm constantly surprised at how far I can go now!

Homemade is a lot less calories, but if it's fried, it still packs a caloric punch.

Drink more water. Dehydration can be mistaken for hunger.


Well, that's it for this week! I'm hoping to find a place to weigh-in (I keep forgetting to look when I'm out!), but the next time I do, I'll post it! Looking forward to the warmer weather!

No comments:

Post a Comment