I'm Fighting Fat is about my journey weight loss! Come join me!

I'm fat. And I've been fat for far too long. It's time to start making changes, and this blog is to document those changes, along with a few tears, and even some laughs along the way.

This blog isn't about is going on a fad diet - in fact no 'diet' foods or pills are going to be used during this entire process! Any use of the word 'diet' in this blog will simply refer to foods being eaten, not any special plan or 'can or can't have' food lists.

I'll be eating a variety of foods, as unprocessed as possible. The plan is not to cut out or severely cut down, but to help my body (and mind) realize when I truly am hungry, and not depend on the clock to tell me when mealtimes are. Moderation will be the rule in both eating and exercising.

Join me on my journey, my trials, my failures and successes to discover a thinner me and possibly inspire you to lose weight too, without all the diet hype!

Monday, March 9, 2015

Week Eight: The Dear-God-I'm-Taking-One-Step-Back-Two-Steps-Forward New Eating Lifestyle

It was an interesting week.

It was also a very busy week. Deadlines were eminent, meetings planned, events attended, and though I was back on track and doing well, there were a few bumps in the road- especially over the weekend.

I had two teeth pulled this week. Let's just say that day it was easy to behave myself- and now I look like a rabbit.

Saturday's schedule was crazy! Had a long meeting with the community Rec Center staff to plan events for the year and tell them what I had planned for the Yard Sale fundraisers. I'm in charge of running two yard sales a year to help the Rec Center to make repairs and improvements, so I had to be there.

They provided breakfast at the beginning of the meeting, but I knew it was probably going to be doughnuts and bagels, so I ate breakfast at home before going. I was right, and didn't even have a single doughnut hole- those things are dangerous
Because the meeting was so long, they included lunch too- and it wasn't salad. It was pizza.

Pizza isn't bad, but I could have eaten one slice. Could have. Coulda, shoulda, woulda...didn't. Had I remembered to bring myself a snack, I might not have eaten two slices, but I didn't bring one, so I was a little too hungry when the pizza came. Alas, poor pizza, I knew you well.

The kids were out with a friend most of the day, and my friend said she was taking the kids to Chic-fil-a, one of my favorite places- also one of my approved places, since they have lower calorie offerings and they actually have chicken in their chicken! No fillers- just all white meaty goodness. We met them at the restaurant, and I was looking forward to something good.

We got something good all right- a huge platter of chicken nuggets was placed before us, along with four cartons of giant fries- so much for the salad idea! But it was a money saver since we were feeding a troupe of eight, and we divided the platter for the kids and for us adults. I ate the nuggets slowly, and had a few fries. And a few more. And a few more nuggets. And fries. By the time the food was gone, I really had no idea how much I'd eaten.

Then we all had ice cream. I wasn't going to, but everyone else was eating one, and I figured I blew my calorie count out of the water anyway, so I went for it.

Why am I surprised at the numbers when I type everything into MyFitnessPal? Over 2000 calories, and the day wasn't over- we still had a church event to attend. Did I mention it was an early dinner too? And the evening event had snacks as well-right when I would be hungry.

The good thing is I didn't have the cookies or sweet stuff, but I did eat some chips, cheese and crackers. I didn't put this stuff on my calorie counter- the entire day was a wash- and I didn't ride my bike because there was no time. It wouldn't surprise me if I went over the 2500 calorie mark that day. Yikes! I think that was my worst day since I started this eating plan!

The upside is the ice cream cone was about 170 calories- not nearly as much as I thought, and it goes on the list of 'okay snacks when eating out'.

Sunday was church and I took green pepper strips with me for a snack. It's a good thing I did, because they had all sweet carby things for snacks after church, which I didn't indulge in. I behaved myself, but I forgot to ride the bike. I was feeling a bit run down too- probably from Saturday's overeating. Ugh.

Lessons learned:

Take snacks with you, no matter where you go. Especially if you know you'll be out for a while.

Don't depend on people offering healthy stuff when you're eating for free. 

It's okay to screw up once in a while, as long as you get back on the horse ASAP. 

Riding the bike is so much easier when I have a book or can watch something! Riding the bike with no distractions and not looking at the timer is impossible, not to mention it makes the time drag on and on and on...

I need to come up with a plan on the weekends for using the exercise bike- or going outside for a walk.

Go to bed earlier. Being tired makes for bad decision-making later on in the day.


I'm still feeling the after-effects of Saturday. Things will be all right though because I'm starting fresh today. I have a ton of fresh veggies in the fridge, something to watch when I ride my bike- I'm going to go for forty minutes this time!

1 comment:

  1. You go girl . . . put the past behind you and pedal hard for the win!

    ReplyDelete