I'm Fighting Fat is about my journey weight loss! Come join me!

I'm fat. And I've been fat for far too long. It's time to start making changes, and this blog is to document those changes, along with a few tears, and even some laughs along the way.

This blog isn't about is going on a fad diet - in fact no 'diet' foods or pills are going to be used during this entire process! Any use of the word 'diet' in this blog will simply refer to foods being eaten, not any special plan or 'can or can't have' food lists.

I'll be eating a variety of foods, as unprocessed as possible. The plan is not to cut out or severely cut down, but to help my body (and mind) realize when I truly am hungry, and not depend on the clock to tell me when mealtimes are. Moderation will be the rule in both eating and exercising.

Join me on my journey, my trials, my failures and successes to discover a thinner me and possibly inspire you to lose weight too, without all the diet hype!

Monday, June 20, 2011

Going Down?

Yes, I am!

I weighed myself this morning and am now 306.5! That is 13.5 pounds LOST! WOOHOO!

So let's see the differences since the beginning:

I no longer have back pain due to standing too long- unless I really overdo it.

My clothing is getting loose- not only from the weight lost but also because of toning!

I'm much more toned. I can actually see my body shaping up, and I can now find 'skinny spots' all over me!

I have a lot more endurance. In fact for the first time, I actually rode my bike all the way home from the gym today!

I am not afraid to sweat. I used to be- I hate sweating! Not only because of the wetness, but because I don't like the idea that people think I smell. I don't smell! I'm amazed at how many thin people say fat people smell bad. I take showers just like they do- I just need more soap! ;)

I'm more aware of what I eat. Four and now sugar are on the list of 'avoid as much as possible', because I've done a lot of experimentation with my meals. Potatoes don't affect me, and rice does a little- but not nearly as bad as bread or pasta. When I avoid flour I feel much better and have a lot more energy. Same goes for the sugar- I won't use substitutes, but I also won't be eating it a lot either. It sucks out energy like a vacuum!

Fruits and veggies rule! I've found that if I just have lean meats and veggies (non-starchy ones) and have fruit on a regular basis, I feel much more energetic and yes, happier. And it tastes awesome too- no additives!

Sometimes you need to push yourself and/or step-up the program. I admit it- I'm lazy when it comes to many things. Exercise is one of them. Once I get into a comfortable routine, I hate messing with it! But when you're doing 30 reps like they're nothing, you need to do more reps or add weights- or both. I found that once a month is good time to do some upgrading- that way you're not straining your muscles by going too fast, but you're not getting bored either. Once your body is comfortable, add weights, more reps or add a new regime entirely.

I'm adding walking to my routine on my off days.

I can't get to the gym each day yet (at least on my bike), so I'll start using my laundry rack...er- I mean treadmill to start walking more. It has a varied routine already programmed into it, but I might just do some regular walking first to warm up first. I also have some DVDs called Walking off the Pounds, and I'll use those as well, just to shake things up a bit since I'll no longer be walking my daughter to school during the summer months!

The weight is coming off slower than expected, but that's okay- I would rather it came off slow and stayed off, than to lose it fast and have it back within a year!

As Aesop once said about the Tortoise and the Hare, slow and steady wins the race. Even if that race takes me two or three years!

No comments:

Post a Comment