I'm Fighting Fat is about my journey weight loss! Come join me!

I'm fat. And I've been fat for far too long. It's time to start making changes, and this blog is to document those changes, along with a few tears, and even some laughs along the way.

This blog isn't about is going on a fad diet - in fact no 'diet' foods or pills are going to be used during this entire process! Any use of the word 'diet' in this blog will simply refer to foods being eaten, not any special plan or 'can or can't have' food lists.

I'll be eating a variety of foods, as unprocessed as possible. The plan is not to cut out or severely cut down, but to help my body (and mind) realize when I truly am hungry, and not depend on the clock to tell me when mealtimes are. Moderation will be the rule in both eating and exercising.

Join me on my journey, my trials, my failures and successes to discover a thinner me and possibly inspire you to lose weight too, without all the diet hype!

Monday, June 13, 2011

Getting Over Hurdles!

I have to admit- I blew it a few times this week.

I ate more than my fistful twice, and also ate several times when I wasn't truly hungry...it was there (or offered to me) and I caved and ate it anyway.

But I refuse to beat myself up over it!

The scale showed that I remained the same- no loss, no gain. I know I gained a little muscle, but I also know I messed up. It evened itself out this week. :)

One thing I've learned is that berating yourself does more harm than good. I used to do it all the time! I can't believe I ate that! Why did I take seconds? I knew I shouldn't have had..._________(fill in the blank)!

Now? I get over it and move on, just like a hurdler. That's much better than just standing before the hurdle and letting it block you from moving forward!

Please don't promise you'll be perfect next week if you mess up- that only sets you up for a fall if things get out of hand. There's nothing wrong with telling yourself you'll do better, but don't promise yourself perfection. A positive attitude is much easier to deal with- especially when it's your own!

So I screwed up. Next time I'll do better. That hurdle's looking smaller by the minute!

The good news is I didn't gain. And I'm retaining a lot of water as of late. It happens every summer- I bloat up like a water balloon and I don't go down until the fall. But it's fun poking my feet and making smiley-face shaped dents in them. Even water retention can be fun, if you let it. I was just glad I could reach my feet!

God bless, and remember to smile when you go over your hurdles!

No comments:

Post a Comment