I'm Fighting Fat is about my journey weight loss! Come join me!

I'm fat. And I've been fat for far too long. It's time to start making changes, and this blog is to document those changes, along with a few tears, and even some laughs along the way.

This blog isn't about is going on a fad diet - in fact no 'diet' foods or pills are going to be used during this entire process! Any use of the word 'diet' in this blog will simply refer to foods being eaten, not any special plan or 'can or can't have' food lists.

I'll be eating a variety of foods, as unprocessed as possible. The plan is not to cut out or severely cut down, but to help my body (and mind) realize when I truly am hungry, and not depend on the clock to tell me when mealtimes are. Moderation will be the rule in both eating and exercising.

Join me on my journey, my trials, my failures and successes to discover a thinner me and possibly inspire you to lose weight too, without all the diet hype!

Tuesday, July 26, 2022

Year One, Week Forty-Four: Slow and Steady Wins the Weigh-In (And a Life Hack!)

It's time!

This week was awesome! It was also bloody hot, so going outside wasn't in the cards. But staying in and getting stuff done was!

I also learned something new while enjoying the AC.

Did you know there's an incredible life hack involving constipation? Constipation is a problem when you're IFing, and I've had an issue with it before I even started my IF journey, so I decided to watch this video and give it a try:

Ear Pressure Point to Poo and Ease Cramps

It actually works! I did this all week, and the pipes were no longer clogged. WOOHOO! After doing this two days in a row, I had to stop because things were going a little too well, if you get my meaning. Every other day works perfectly for me.

Since it was so hot, I kept a slow and steady pace while doing chores, and it paid off. Team Tortoise!

Image by Alexas_Fotos from Pixabay 

The week itself had good eating windows, but this weekend was heavier on the food intake than usual, so I decided to wait a day (and do a little ear acupressure) before weighing in this week. 

Let's take a look at the numbers:

                4 weeks ago:           Now:                       Difference:       

Weight           294                  291                         -3 lb.

Bicep           19-3/4"            19-1/2"                      -1/4"

Chest             56"                56-1/4"                     +1/4"

Waist           51-1/2"               52"                         +1/2"

Thigh              29"                  28"                           -1"

Neck               17"                  17"                         same

Hips                60"               59-1/2"                       -1/2"


Not too shabby! More blue than red and a three-pound loss. I'm a happy camper! Since this was a short weigh-in month (3 weeks), It looks like I'm back on track- and the best part- next month, I might be in the 280s!

Headed towards my next weight goal- 278 lbs. Isn't that exciting?

Who knows? When I get down to 265, I might take some extra pics of me in the wedding dress I wore 25 years ago to celebrate!

No comments:

Post a Comment