I'm Fighting Fat is about my journey weight loss! Come join me!

I'm fat. And I've been fat for far too long. It's time to start making changes, and this blog is to document those changes, along with a few tears, and even some laughs along the way.

This blog isn't about is going on a fad diet - in fact no 'diet' foods or pills are going to be used during this entire process! Any use of the word 'diet' in this blog will simply refer to foods being eaten, not any special plan or 'can or can't have' food lists.

I'll be eating a variety of foods, as unprocessed as possible. The plan is not to cut out or severely cut down, but to help my body (and mind) realize when I truly am hungry, and not depend on the clock to tell me when mealtimes are. Moderation will be the rule in both eating and exercising.

Join me on my journey, my trials, my failures and successes to discover a thinner me and possibly inspire you to lose weight too, without all the diet hype!

Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Week Fifty Two: The Dear-God-It's-Been-A-Year New Eating Lifestyle

One year. Wow. 

I've had a lot of ups and downs. I've worked hard to earn my successes, and I'm really mad at myself for my failures. But I've worked it through, sorted things out, and forgave myself. 

That last part is very, very important.

When you're trying to lose weight and you're an emotional eater, berating yourself for mistakes and setbacks just pours jellybeans down your throat (or insert the 'taboo food' of your choice).

You fall back.
You get back up.
You try again. 
Period.

No one ever had a perfect experience losing weight. No one. So who am I to belittle myself for setbacks? Giving up is the worst thing I could do! So I get back up, dust off the cookie crumbs, and start over.

I started over last week.

My kids gave me a really nice insulated lunch box for my birthday. I've been using it well. 

Those breaks in between shifts are now spent in the produce section of the market instead of the candy section, and I hand-picked a nice assortment of apples- the nice crunchy kind. In the morning I core and slice one, put the slices in one of my lunchbox containers, make and pack my breakfast, fill my water bottle, and I'm good to go until lunchtime.

I was surprised at how long my food lasted. I ate my breakfast in thirds, and only when hungry. I'd snack on the apple slices throughout the morning and found I only ate half of them- so I saved the rest for my evening shift.

Lunch and dinner were at home, and I'm still working on better choices than sandwiches. Not a bad choice, but something without so much bread would be better.

I messed up a little. Sometimes I had seconds. But all in all it was a pretty good week.

The end of the week came. I stepped on the scale. I lost one pound!

That one seemingly insignificant pound broke my weight gain run. Too many weeks of gain, gain, gain, broken by this one little pound. I'm going to give it a "Farewell Forever" party- without the cake!

I'm going to get back under 300 pounds.
I'm going to get back to 288 pounds.
I'm going to beat 288 pounds!

That's the first three goals. I'll make new ones as I go, but this is a good place to start.

Lessons Learned:

Fruit and veggie snacks work- though fruit works a little better.

Don't prepare food when tired- Prep it when you have a clear head.

Recognize the difference between hunger and thirst. Drink first, eat second.

Any pound lost is a good pound lost!


I'm finally back on the road to weight loss once more. It feels so good to see those numbers going down again! My biggest issue is consistency- if I can just keep the foods interesting, prep them in the mornings and weekends, things will keep moving in the right direction.

What a great start to the new year!

No comments:

Post a Comment