I'm Fighting Fat is about my journey weight loss! Come join me!

I'm fat. And I've been fat for far too long. It's time to start making changes, and this blog is to document those changes, along with a few tears, and even some laughs along the way.

This blog isn't about is going on a fad diet - in fact no 'diet' foods or pills are going to be used during this entire process! Any use of the word 'diet' in this blog will simply refer to foods being eaten, not any special plan or 'can or can't have' food lists.

I'll be eating a variety of foods, as unprocessed as possible. The plan is not to cut out or severely cut down, but to help my body (and mind) realize when I truly am hungry, and not depend on the clock to tell me when mealtimes are. Moderation will be the rule in both eating and exercising.

Join me on my journey, my trials, my failures and successes to discover a thinner me and possibly inspire you to lose weight too, without all the diet hype!

Monday, January 4, 2016

Week Fifty One: The Dear-God-It's-Time-To-Reboot! New Eating Lifestyle

Fifty one weeks. Why wait another week to reboot? I'm starting now.

But let's first look at the year in review.

The first six to seven months I did well, losing almost forty eight pounds. Then it happened.

I started working outside of my home for the first time ever. Stress overload. The New Eating Lifestyle I'd fought so hard for began to slip away- and I let it. But not without putting up a good fight first.
Unfortunately, I gave in to the abyss of stress eating. Eating on the fly, eating too much, and then buying the foods I knew would make me fall further back. Although I'm not sure jellybeans are a food...

So here I sit, feeling discombobulated. On one hand, I still lost twenty five pounds- but I could have lost almost fifty. I'm happy that I didn't completely fall off the vegetable truck, though it was a close call.

I begin the new year at a new weight. 310 pounds. Last year I started at 335. With a lot of hard work, that number should be a lot lower by this time next year. I hope.

Let the reboot begin!

No more second helpings. No more buying junk food. Have fruit and veggies cut and ready to take on the job. My family even helped by getting me a really nice insulated lunch box! Now I can take hot or cold foods with me- which opens up a whole new world of homemade healthy foods.

No more sandwich bags of chicken, baby spinach and tomatoes in my purse anymore! No more squashed bananas! (did you just hear that line from The Lion King??) Now everything will be cool and neat in their own little containers.
All I have to do is wake up a little earlier so I can pack a better breakfast and snack, and I'm golden!

Lessons Learned:

A twenty five pound loss is still a loss!

Since the gym is out and it's winter, find ways to get some extra exercise.

Meal plan. Snack plan. Do a lot of the buying and cutting over the weekend or during lunch breaks at home.

Whenever you feel the urge to eat more, go into another room and do something else- keep those hands and your mind busy!


It's been a rough year weight-wise, but still rewarding. Now I have a new goal- let's see if I can beat this weight loss by this time next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment