I'm Fighting Fat is about my journey weight loss! Come join me!

I'm fat. And I've been fat for far too long. It's time to start making changes, and this blog is to document those changes, along with a few tears, and even some laughs along the way.

This blog isn't about is going on a fad diet - in fact no 'diet' foods or pills are going to be used during this entire process! Any use of the word 'diet' in this blog will simply refer to foods being eaten, not any special plan or 'can or can't have' food lists.

I'll be eating a variety of foods, as unprocessed as possible. The plan is not to cut out or severely cut down, but to help my body (and mind) realize when I truly am hungry, and not depend on the clock to tell me when mealtimes are. Moderation will be the rule in both eating and exercising.

Join me on my journey, my trials, my failures and successes to discover a thinner me and possibly inspire you to lose weight too, without all the diet hype!

Monday, February 23, 2015

Week Six: The Dear-God-I'm-Stumbling-Up-The-Mountain New Eating Lifestyle

Has it been six weeks already? 

This week was a roller-coaster of both good and bad behaviors. One day I fasted, and one day I went way over the charts.

The day I fasted, I'd not eaten breakfast or lunch. But when the sun set, I feasted on too much dinner. I still was about 300 calories under my goal, but a 1200 calorie dinner is just too much food at one time! I was overfull and feeling quite mad at myself for over-indulging.

My second mistake was eating during a very stressful time. I had consumed 2100 calories in a day because I'd just figured "Heck with everything" and ate some take out, had a bad carby dinner, and then had a slice of pizza for a snack. Bad ideas all.
The take out wasn't too bad- the sandwich itself was about 500 calories- but the fries, oh those delicious, hard-to-resist fries! I'd bought a medium instead of a small, and even a small would have been too much. But I was frustrated, so I ate. 
Dinner consisted of BBQ ribs, buttered noodles (the Death Star of the caloric universe) and corn. Again, corn, not too bad, but I had enough buttered noodles to fill my plate, and I could have eaten less ribs. I think I would've been okay if I'd skipped the noodles though. Sigh.

I didn't get on the bike once this week. Not once. Double sigh. I feel like the Lion King intro- there's more to do than can ever be done- and I did all of the other stuff instead.

I still have no idea what I weigh, since all docs doors were closed to me. So, I'm looking forward to my appointment with the nutritionist this upcoming week. Yes, I screwed up one day (big time!), but for the most part I've been hitting my target caloric intake- Hopefully it will show on the scale.

Lessons learned:

Find something other than eating to do when stressed. Like kickboxing stuffed animals or getting on that bike!

Get on the bike. Get on the bike. Get on the ding-dang bike!

Eat more veggies. I haven't been eating them as much as I should. That 2100 calorie day I didn't eat any veggies!

There's no do-overs, but there are do-betters. Today is a new day- learn from your mistakes, make notes, and move on. Don't dwell on the one 2100 calorie day, dwell on the almost six weeks you behaved yourself (for the most part!)

No comments:

Post a Comment