I'm Fighting Fat is about my journey weight loss! Come join me!

I'm fat. And I've been fat for far too long. It's time to start making changes, and this blog is to document those changes, along with a few tears, and even some laughs along the way.

This blog isn't about is going on a fad diet - in fact no 'diet' foods or pills are going to be used during this entire process! Any use of the word 'diet' in this blog will simply refer to foods being eaten, not any special plan or 'can or can't have' food lists.

I'll be eating a variety of foods, as unprocessed as possible. The plan is not to cut out or severely cut down, but to help my body (and mind) realize when I truly am hungry, and not depend on the clock to tell me when mealtimes are. Moderation will be the rule in both eating and exercising.

Join me on my journey, my trials, my failures and successes to discover a thinner me and possibly inspire you to lose weight too, without all the diet hype!

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Switching Things Up!

Getting used to a new schedule is hard sometimes. I haven't worked out all the bugs yet, but I am working them out, which is all that matters! As long as I make some progress, that is!

So far, so good! I've lost another pound, so I'm down to 295.5! I might have to buy some new clothes, because what I have is getting baggy- can you believe it?

One of the things i switched up diet-wise is trying to just eat fruit for breakfast every other morning. Not trying to starve myself, but I wanted to see if my energy levels would change vs, eggs and bacon or cheese. What I found was interesting.

In the beginning, I do actually have more energy- but after about two hours I start to get hungry, and most times it's inconvenient to eat (I'm usually out somewhere or involved in a project), and then I wind up overeating when lunchtime comes. If I have the eggs and meat/cheese, the energy comes slower, but it lasts longer. I'm going to see if there's a happy medium in this somewhere- maybe if I make myself a carry-along protein snack- like cheese or maybe some homemade chicken bites- so when I poop out I can get a bit of a boost without getting too hungry. I'll let you know!

I now walk ten miles a week minimum, just taking my daughter to school, but I have not been to the gym as much as I wanted to, due to a car that needs fixing. Yes, I can walk to the gym (or bike), but the guy usually wants me to bring it in on my gym day (Wednesday) really early- the same time I'm usually at the gym. Then I walk home from there (1.5 miles), so I get cardio, but no weight training. Hopefully today will be the end of the car issues, and I can get back on schedule.

Ironically, I have a lot of decluttering and housework to do, so I might be doing a workout anyway! Good old housework- it never ends. Ever.

Remember to keep those chins up, try new things when you feel your routine is getting stale, and expand your tastebuds and try new foods too! Just make sure they come out of the fresh food section, and not the frozen food aisle! :) God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment