I'm Fighting Fat is about my journey weight loss! Come join me!

I'm fat. And I've been fat for far too long. It's time to start making changes, and this blog is to document those changes, along with a few tears, and even some laughs along the way.

This blog isn't about is going on a fad diet - in fact no 'diet' foods or pills are going to be used during this entire process! Any use of the word 'diet' in this blog will simply refer to foods being eaten, not any special plan or 'can or can't have' food lists.

I'll be eating a variety of foods, as unprocessed as possible. The plan is not to cut out or severely cut down, but to help my body (and mind) realize when I truly am hungry, and not depend on the clock to tell me when mealtimes are. Moderation will be the rule in both eating and exercising.

Join me on my journey, my trials, my failures and successes to discover a thinner me and possibly inspire you to lose weight too, without all the diet hype!

Monday, September 19, 2011

Fighting Fat During Chaos!

It's been busy!

Not only did the kids start school, but I had to step up my progress because my weight has been been stagnating. Thankfully, the kids school schedules are also part of my workout!

I've been walking my daughter to school, and a round trip is one mile. From the house to the gym is a two mile round trip, but after trying to walk to school, to the gym, back home, and then go to and back from school was just too much. I'd burnt myself out last week, and couldn't even function comfortably by Friday morning, so I took that day off.

But was I idle? Oh no! I learned from my mistakes and this week was a good one- and busy! Not only did I get my ten miles of walking in just going to school and back, I also had a few events to make food and drink for, so I was cleaning, cooking, and decluttering as well! I also got about three months of food shopping done- and let me tell you that hauling canned goods from the the store to the car and then into the house is quite a workout! By this time the energy waned, and I didn't get to put them away over the weekend.

Why, do you ask? Because we were running all over the place the entire weekend! Saturday we did a cleanup at our church, and that was almost four hours of weed-pulling, sweeping, street cleaning and planting flowers for the 'grand opening' on Sunday. Then I had to go home and finish prepping the food and drink, and afterward we all collapsed on the couch for a well-deserved rest.

Sunday is supposed to be a day of rest. But there was food and drink to deliver, more cleaning and setting up to do at the church, and I also attended a shower, bringing along more food and drink. Though Sunday was a lot more social than Saturday, I was ready to sleep like a brick last night! In fact, I slept so well I had trouble getting up this morning!

Guess what I discovered? No. More. Pain. That's right! No aches, no pains, nothing hurt like it normally would have had I done half the work I did this weekend. And I can't tell you how fantastic that feels! I took my bike with me this morning as I walked my daughter to school, then rode to the gym, worked out, rode home (that's 2.5 miles biking, .5 miles walking), then did dishes, put away the groceries (finally!), and even re-potted a large plant!

Then I decided it was time to sit down and blog you!

As for the scale, there's good and bad news. I stayed the same, 296.5. Good that I didn't gain (although I might have gained some muscle), but bad that I didn't lose. We'll blame the little bit of goodies I ate during both events. I told you I won't deny myself, but I assure you, I didn't overdo it.

The plan for this week? No baked goodies, and lots more biking! Keep those chins up, and God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment