I'm Fighting Fat is about my journey weight loss! Come join me!

I'm fat. And I've been fat for far too long. It's time to start making changes, and this blog is to document those changes, along with a few tears, and even some laughs along the way.

This blog isn't about is going on a fad diet - in fact no 'diet' foods or pills are going to be used during this entire process! Any use of the word 'diet' in this blog will simply refer to foods being eaten, not any special plan or 'can or can't have' food lists.

I'll be eating a variety of foods, as unprocessed as possible. The plan is not to cut out or severely cut down, but to help my body (and mind) realize when I truly am hungry, and not depend on the clock to tell me when mealtimes are. Moderation will be the rule in both eating and exercising.

Join me on my journey, my trials, my failures and successes to discover a thinner me and possibly inspire you to lose weight too, without all the diet hype!

Monday, November 15, 2010

Way too Much Stuff!

Wow- has a week passed by already? Or was it two? Things have been happening so fast as of late I feel I've been running a marathon!

I went
to the doc's office on the off day, so I have no weight to report as of yet. The controlled eating has been slipping due to distractions; one being a health issue I might be facing, and the other was that my husband got injured on the job because of faulty equipment. He now bears a major second degree burn on his shoulder and part of his arm and underarm which is now blistering for the second time and is very painful. So most of my energy and focus are on him at the moment.

I've been walking my daughter at least four our of five days a week now, and I'm not getting tired after I arrive back home. I don't have enough energy to clean the house top to bottom yet, but I hope that's coming soon, because we plan on entertaining a lot this Christmas season.

One thing I love about my eating plan is I can have anything I truly want- so this Thanksgiving will be filled with good food- and most of it will be healthy. In fact, I've concocted a really awesome chicken and stuffing bake that would actually work quite well stuffed into a turkey- minus the chicken, of course! It gets rid of all the excess bread I have in my freezer- like those mushed up hamburger buns and all the heels off the whole grain breads. Most of the bread I have is whole grain, and with a little spice, some chopped celery and onion, this year's turkey will be boasting a better tasting (and better for you) stuffing! Much better than buying all that white stuffing bread they sell around this time of year.

Besides, I ditched using any white bread in the house, except for kaiser and hoagie rolls, and the occasional hot dog and hamburger buns I buy only for summer cookouts. Any sandwiches are made with whole grain bread, or bread I baked myself. It's just better that way. Tastier too!

We go to Lancaster farms right before Turkey Day and get the freshest veggies we can find, and a ton of potatoes to last us the entire winter. Left in our cold porch, they really do last a long time when they're fresh off the farm- even this late in the season. The potatoes we get come out buttery smooth when mashed- and that's before I add any real butter into them! Never underestimate the power of the potato- it might be considered a starch, but it has a lot of vitamins- especially in the skins. We do our part in conservation by washing the spuds and peeling them, then saving the peelings later for deep frying in canola oil and adding a little seasoned salt. They make a great snack, and no waste!

Now I'm all hungry....

I don't eat like that every day, but when we do make something special, I refuse to deprive myself of it. I just won't have as much as I usually do, which is usually too much!
I also plan on having a lot more veggies on the table this year. Most of the time it's starches like corn and potatoes, but this year I'd like to add baby carrots, green beans, and maybe some steamed broccoli or a salad. A mixed salad might be better- then I can add a lot more veggies to the mix, like green pepper, cucumbers and cherry tomatoes. Doesn't that sound good?

Now I'm really hungry!

I promise to keep you posted. This week was a total mess concerning staying on track, but I'm getting back on that horse! And the candy monster no longer has a hold on me, because over the weekend, all of us helped to finish off the last of the chocolate. Believe me, after this week, I really needed it!

No comments:

Post a Comment