I'm Fighting Fat is about my journey weight loss! Come join me!

I'm fat. And I've been fat for far too long. It's time to start making changes, and this blog is to document those changes, along with a few tears, and even some laughs along the way.

This blog isn't about is going on a fad diet - in fact no 'diet' foods or pills are going to be used during this entire process! Any use of the word 'diet' in this blog will simply refer to foods being eaten, not any special plan or 'can or can't have' food lists.

I'll be eating a variety of foods, as unprocessed as possible. The plan is not to cut out or severely cut down, but to help my body (and mind) realize when I truly am hungry, and not depend on the clock to tell me when mealtimes are. Moderation will be the rule in both eating and exercising.

Join me on my journey, my trials, my failures and successes to discover a thinner me and possibly inspire you to lose weight too, without all the diet hype!

Monday, November 29, 2010

The 'Morning After' Thanksgiving Weekend!

Thanksgiving is a time of family, food, and a lot of tasting. It's a time to be thankful to God for providing, then stuffing your face, slowly spiraling down into a food stupor. At least until dessert- then let the food coma begin!

Unfortunately, I didn't hold back as much as I should have. I shouldn't have had two helpings of all that good stuff. I did well concerning dessert though! I had only a bite or two of chocolate pie. But alas, I must confess, the only reason I didn't eat an entire piece was I just didn't have any room left. I was not only uncomfortably full, I was bloated elephant full. I went to bed feeling I'd swallowed an entire watermelon. Whole.

The morning after was greeted with a belly that still hadn't digested most of the previous day's good eating. I had a very late breakfast (that was more like a light lunch), and though I wasn't truly hungry, my mouth was. And stupid me fed it. I would call this stage a second degree food coma with idiotic tendencies.

But I have some good news for you! We invented a new way to get rid of the leftovers without eating them all- Thanksgiving Friday is now Leftover Day!

Thanksgiving is for family, but Leftover Day is for friends! We invited several families over, and told them to bring their leftovers too, so we could all taste each others specialties. It was really fun, and we had a lot less food to stuff back into the fridge when the day was over. Despite my full belly, I had a really great time- and only had a little of everything. I was still too full, but not nearly as bad as yesterday.


For the rest of the weekend I tried to eat at least one meal, but I still felt full. My deep fear of not having enough nutrition verses the common sense of eating when you are truly hungry were at war with each other, and despite trying to compromise with small bites and a sip of water in between each nibble, I still went to bed feeling too stuffed and not liking myself too much. And here it is on Monday morning, and I still feel full. But my mouth still wants something.

I'm giving it water and telling it to shut up this time.

This particular part of the holiday is over. Christmas baking starts next week, and I'm looking forward to it, because whenever I bake I never eat. Weird, but true. I hope to make up for all that eating by not eating much next week.

I did one thing totally right this past week- I weighed myself before the big day! At that time I was 311.5, a half pound lighter than my last weigh-in. It isn't much, but it's better than gaining! And we all know I won't be weighing myself this week- that would just be torture. I will weigh in next week, after the first round of baking. I'll be baking next week and the week after, and I hope I digest all this stuff by then.

Because I still feel full.

So, I'll be taking this weekend as a lesson learned and see if I can come up with some strategies to avoid doing this again. You know as well as I do that the temptation to overeat rears it's ugly head at this time of year, so I have one more chance to beat it- or at least control myself so I don't waddle about the house like a penguin all week!

I'm going to go get a small glass of water, and start sewing and doing some housework. I might even put on the Christmas music to get me more in the mood for decorating! Believe me, it's best for my tummy to find ways to keep me out of the kitchen today!

No comments:

Post a Comment