I'm Fighting Fat is about my journey weight loss! Come join me!

I'm fat. And I've been fat for far too long. It's time to start making changes, and this blog is to document those changes, along with a few tears, and even some laughs along the way.

This blog isn't about is going on a fad diet - in fact no 'diet' foods or pills are going to be used during this entire process! Any use of the word 'diet' in this blog will simply refer to foods being eaten, not any special plan or 'can or can't have' food lists.

I'll be eating a variety of foods, as unprocessed as possible. The plan is not to cut out or severely cut down, but to help my body (and mind) realize when I truly am hungry, and not depend on the clock to tell me when mealtimes are. Moderation will be the rule in both eating and exercising.

Join me on my journey, my trials, my failures and successes to discover a thinner me and possibly inspire you to lose weight too, without all the diet hype!

Monday, July 19, 2021

Week Forty-Three: Making Adjustments

It's time.

Next week is my weigh-in, but I feel I need to make some additional changes. Not drastic ones, mind you, but changes in my food choices and quantities.

Image by John Hain from Pixabay 

It's hard being home. You want to eat when others do. You want to eat earlier because someone else ate breakfast at the crack of dark, and you can still smell the wonderfulness three hours later. 

Staying upstairs still works, but I can't hide up here until my eating window opens in the afternoon. I have things to do!

I need to get tougher on myself. 

I need to reread the FFR book.

I need to find better ways to distract myself from eating too soon.

To identify the problem areas, let's go over my windows.

Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays are my down days. One meal a day. I was trying not to eat until at least 3:30, but I found that really difficult since staying home, so I moved it to 2:00 instead.

The downside to this is I eat by myself, and it's usually a pretty big meal. I'm still a little paranoid about not getting enough nutrition, even though I know I get plenty. I didn't get this big and still remain healthy by eating junk all day...right?

The upside is the next day, I feel great! I feel thin, vital, and more positive. 

Tuesdays and Thursdays are my up days. Of course, they aren't as up as my weekends, but I have two meals a day as well as a snack. Sometimes more than one snack. I usually have one big meal and one smaller one, and I try to start about 1:00, but find myself starting closer to noon instead- sometimes earlier.

The downside to this is I often eat much bigger portions in the first meal, then give myself almost no break before I eat the snack. By the time the second meal is ready, I almost don't want it, but I eat it anyway because my family is home, or I should eat it because I don't want to tank my metabolism, and sometimes simply because I can eat it since I allowed myself two meals. 

I try to keep the weekday up day window within a four to five-hour period, and sometimes it's less than that because I want my fast to be longer during the next down day.

The upside is I usually save the foods I want to eat for this bigger window.

On weekends I open the windows wide. I try to keep it under eight hours, but that's not always possible because my family likes a nice, big breakfast, at least on one of those days. So as long as I hit the eight or less window at least once, I'm okay. I still try not to eat after 7:00pm, but on occasion, I break that rule if we're doing something special.

I've been breaking more rules than I've wanted to for the past few months. I know it, and my body knows it. You've known it too since I promised to tell all in this blog.

That 'one serving' of rich and creamy soup is in a bowl that carries almost two servings, and sometimes I get another half of a bowl. So I've changed the bowl sizes back to the larger size. It's partly because it's delicious (we make awesome homemade soups here!) and because I'm still a bit afraid the leftovers will be gone by the time my window reopens. 

I've had seconds. I've even looked for extra to eat because I still had time in my window. 

The adjustments are going the wrong way! Food is starting to become a major part of my life again. Is it because I'm home most of the time now? Possibly.

I'm not blaming my home life. I'm not blaming the world, my family, or God. This is all me, baby, and I need to make some serious adjustments in the opposite direction. I need to be able to control myself in my own house, for goodness sake!

I can't even blame the weather. We've had a heatwave for weeks now, so I haven't been going outside like I'd intended. Why? Because I hate to sweat. I hate getting sticky, itchy, and stinky. I'm also lazy because I don't want to jump in the shower again. 

You'd think it would be easy to break down barriers you've put up in the first place!

Do you hear the common issues in this blog post? Fear and Laziness. Two of the Big Seven Sins of the bible. These lie at the core root of my weaknesses. I have to break away from these if I want to move forward. 

Like me, I'm sure you have your own set out of the Seven to fight.

We need to help each other to fight them together. Doing this on your own might work. Doing it with others will work. At least with others that support you and love what you're doing. I admit I need help; a lot of help. This blog is one way to discover my weaknesses and be accountable. To be honest, I never plan my blog posts. I don't write them ahead of time. I write them in the moment. 

I'm amazed at what I discover about myself when I write off the cuff!

Next week is weigh-in day. I don't expect much, though I hope the scale numbers will go down this time. I'll reread the book, go back to smaller bowls, and remember that hunger pangs mean I'm headed in the right direction. This is a lifetime change; each adjustment gets me closer to a better me. 

And isn't that the ultimate goal?

No comments:

Post a Comment