I'm Fighting Fat is about my journey weight loss! Come join me!

I'm fat. And I've been fat for far too long. It's time to start making changes, and this blog is to document those changes, along with a few tears, and even some laughs along the way.

This blog isn't about is going on a fad diet - in fact no 'diet' foods or pills are going to be used during this entire process! Any use of the word 'diet' in this blog will simply refer to foods being eaten, not any special plan or 'can or can't have' food lists.

I'll be eating a variety of foods, as unprocessed as possible. The plan is not to cut out or severely cut down, but to help my body (and mind) realize when I truly am hungry, and not depend on the clock to tell me when mealtimes are. Moderation will be the rule in both eating and exercising.

Join me on my journey, my trials, my failures and successes to discover a thinner me and possibly inspire you to lose weight too, without all the diet hype!

Monday, February 27, 2012

Retesting Theories

I found out something interesting over the past few weeks.

I might have to get retested for Celiac disease. All because someone in the medical field didn't give me proper information.

The clinic doctor at the time (whom I shall lovingly refer to him as Dr. Pinhead) kept putting off any suggestion that something other than my weight could be the reasons I was feeling so run down and lethargic. 
"You're tired because you're fat. You're achy because you're fat. You're run down because you're fat," he would tell me over and over. But I kept insisting on the test, and he finally relented.
When the results came back, it was negative, confirming the fact that Dr. Pinhead was right, and I was just fat. But my gut, as big as it was, just knew something was off kilter. I just couldn't find the reason.

Now I have a new doctor (clinics trade them around like baseball cards), and I'll ask the new doc if I can have the test again. Why? Because Dr. Pinhead never told me I had to eat bread and pasta before I took the test!

He knew I was not eating flour, or anything that contained it. Yet he never told me I should be eating it regularly before the test. I could have had a false negative, and would never have known, had I not talked about it with a group of friends over the weekend. 

I was told I had to eat it anywhere from a few days to a few weeks before the test, so I'm going to ask the doc (and look it up on the net) just how long I'm supposed to be eating this stuff before I get retested. And I will get retested. God gave me a big mouth for a reason!

The downer is I'll probably gain weight. The upside is I'll find out if I have it, or am sensitive to gluten. One more piece of the puzzle will be solved with no guessing games. I'll keep you posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment